Sunday, May 25, 2008

Security and Privacy Day @ Stony Brook

Stony Brook University is hosting a Security and Privacy Day next Friday May 30th http://web.crypto.cs.sunysb.edu/spday/. The topics being covered are pretty interesting such as language based security, security and outsourcing, network security, trusted hardware and privacy:
Use of Links programming language to enforce security policies http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/PL/selinks/ from Dr Michael Hicks of Univ of Maryland
Languages for tracking information flows and in particular security metadata (e.g. CIA attributes) from Dr Marco Pistoia of IBM
Database as a Service (DAS) for secure and efficient query evaluation over encrypted databases from Dr Wendy Hui Wang of Stevens
Security as A Service models (SaaS) from Suresh Sari also from IBM Research
An other interesting papers..
May 25 is the deadline to register. The organizers also plan a nice sightseeing program with wine tasting and boating trips around the Long Island Beach area.
I plan to attend the conference also to meet Dr Radu Sion for which I had some previous paper email exchanges (Financial Cryptography Conference in Mexico last January that I did not attend) and connect with some academics in light of my future publishing endeavors (a book I intend to write on Software Security Frameworks)
Most importantly to take Suzanne (my wife) with me and celebrate together our 4th wedding anniversary with a nice visit/lunch at one of the local wineries on Saturday.
Security and Wine Tasting is really appealing...+ car racing event would be elecrifying...I refrain myself would not take the wine-car talk spin topic on this blog... Cheers :)

No comments: